Thursday 2 February 2017

Become Your Idols

One of my favourite adverts of all time was the Nike football 'winner stays on' advert. This advert really connected with our younger generation. I did what you see in this video as a kid, when you play in the park with your friends and try to play like your football idol. I remember the first time I saw this advert, I was inspired, enthused and couldn't wait for the football world cup to begin to watch the worlds best footballing talent in the best competition. I actually rang my mates to meet up for a kick about and this advert, song and world cup was all we talked about. This was the focus of the campaign, to get people enthused to play football and buy Nike products to fulfil their enjoyment when playing the beautiful game. This advert was a huge success with the timing of the world cup. The build up to the world cup is always an exciting and hopeful experience and Nike used this to their advantage to promote their brand and receive huge media attention.


To make this advert Nike will have contacted the best Nike associated players to perform in front of a green screen to create visual footage to compose onto the football pitch in the advert. The football pitch starts off at grass roots level, but as everyone buys into the 'become your idol' idea, the pitch transforms into a huge sold out stadium who have come to watch the worlds best talent. Cinema 4D and after effects will have most likely been used to create this advert, as well as other software that I am unfamiliar with. But the whole concept is a fascinating idea that I could incorporate into my hyper-reality project.

It could be an idea for me to but a green blanket and use it as a green screen to super impose me into football associated moments. Using After effects key light tool to crop and place me into the footage. This concept could relate to a topic similar to become your idol, or anything is possible routes to relate to my hyper-reality project. I could also produce this concept in a funny approach. I could join in game play and celebrate with the team, they may not acknowledge me but ill be there. I could be the cause of funny or serious footballing situations, acting as the initiator to bizarre moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment