Friday 3 February 2017

Using A Green Screen

A lot of my hyper-reality ideas so far would require a green screen for the best result to place me into the internet. So, it would be best if I research and figure out how to work with this technique.

Green screens cost quite a lot of money, but there are ways you can create your own green screen. I could go out to the shops and buy a large green blanket, or a few, depending on how much is required. I would record the desired footage against the green screen and export it into after effects. In after effects there is a tool that allows me to cut away the green colour, called the key light tool. This will leave only me in the footage, allowing me the freedom to place myself in any funny or desired footage out there in the interned. I would have to record in different angles and light direction according to the scene of the footage that I intend to place my self. I will gather the videos I want to manipulate and arrange them in an order to create a flow to the scenes that I will place myself. This would also help me to know what and how I need to record and compose myself to fit with the video.

Below are videos I looked at to learn more about green screens and how they are used. I learnt about the history of the technique and how I can potentially use this for my hyper reality project.




No comments:

Post a Comment