Friday 3 February 2017

Methodology & Case Studies / Polina Zioga

Today we discussed the case studies we are going to explore for our essay. As a group we each expressed our research question and we all contributed input to help guide everyone's essays in the right direction, in terms of researching case studies.

I told the group my essay is based around, 'how graphic design has helped the development and distribution of cyber crime'. I expressed that I have already gathered statistics and the different methods of cyber crime, to initiate the discussion. Constructively, I was told to look more into how and what cyber crimes are committed, and how graphic design was used to sell the crimes to fool people into buying into it.


I have researched about the money flipping scandal the was shared across Facebook and Instagram, and we talked about this. Graphic design was used within this cyber crime, selling false pictures, videos and comments, designed to formalise a believable trick that made money you send in into more money. But, the people who bought into this never got their money back. I was informed that I need to gather more case studies similar to this one and break apart the use of graphic elements that are used to create the illusion of a real account.

No comments:

Post a Comment