Tuesday 6 December 2016

Reverspective Construction / Experimentation Two / Think!


With this experimentation with +50% horizontal and vertical dimensions, I have again measured the reverspective surfaces, but have also measured the square area that the reverspective rests on. I have measured the square area to keep and use as a stronger connection instead of tape, holding the sides in place to create a stronger pyramid structure.


I also cut out a square area within the card and my printed poster so I could put my hands through and tape together the reverspective sides more accurately. In my first experimentation, it was hard to connect the final side with tape, because there was no way to get around to the other side and stick it together with tape. I had to wedge it together and apply glue to the very edges to create the best result for the final reverspective surface to connect and remain connected to the others.


Once everything was connected, I discovered that the reverspective extruded too far forward and this hindered the perspective range this could be viewed. It restricted the range of view, so you could not see the design from too far right, left, up or down. You had to be situated central and move slightly to get the best effect. Plus, for my final outcome I would have to cover up the white lines of the card edges you can see appearing through the blue of the design, as this hinders the illusive effect. I could do this by simply fixing together the reverspective card structure first and place prints of the came colour of the blue sky and road over the white edges. I can then stick on the reverspective design to compete the effect. This will also help fix together the overall design anyway.



Think! Reverspective Experiment Two from Charlie Hamnett on Vimeo.

To conclude my second experimentation I have produced a video to visually demonstrate the effect. When viewed in video form, this enhanced perspective design seems to work better than the first. I think this design actually works better from a central perspective, however does not allow as much range as the first experimentation with +30% on the horizontal and vertical dimensions. I will discuss this with peers and tutors to gather feedback upon this notion.

No comments:

Post a Comment