Friday 9 December 2016

Reverspective Final Design / Think




Above are my final poster designs ready to print and construct. I am torn between the two above, as to which is the best to represent the reverspective scene of the road. I have a feeling the first image will enhance the reverspective illusion due to the dimming of the lights the further down the road you look. However I will experiment with both to discover the best outcome.

What I have changed from my previous poster before. I have alligned the dashboard more centrally and created a new design to improve the composition. Plus, I increased the scale of the phone and text message at the top of the design, before it was too small and hard to read, even up close. A change of character to improve the communication and create a greater sense of impact upon the audience, with the backstory that comes with him. Finally, I have applied gaussian blurs and filter effects to create the sense of light from withing the city street buildings, this will also enhance the reverspective nature. As the lights get blurrier the further away you look.


These are my reverspective measurements to help me accurately construct the pyramid structure of a reverspective design, resting over the 2D poster print that I use as the base template. I have increased the vertical scale, by x30, of the up and down view aspect of the road scene and increased the horizontal scale, by x30, of the right to left view. This is so the reverspective surfaces are longer than the original and lift to create a pyramid shape that created the perspective illusion.



In addition, I have also created another reverspective road scene that communicates the danger of driving under the intoxication of alcohol or drugs. To illustrate this I have used blur, transparency, filter and transform tools to create a distorted scene that is seen through the drivers eyes. This demonstrates the difficulty to drive under the influence of alcohol or drugs, with the vision blurred, double sighted and impossible to pick out which position the child is really stood.

To create the graphics for this alcohol/drug intoxicated scene, I used gaussian blur and applied a lighter colour filter to it to create the impression of a grater beam of light that is blurred and bright, as you would see it when drunk. Plus, I duplicated the reverspective road scene and re-positioned it slightly with a transparent effect to create the sense of double vision. To enhance the drunk/drug scene I used the warp transform tool to create an inconsistent wobbly effect. I used the same process for the dashboard and child, improving the composition and communication as a whole.


Here are the measurements of the drunk/drug reverspective design. Again, I have increased the vertical scale, by x30, of the up and down view aspect of the road scene and increased the horizontal scale, by x30, of the right to left view. This constructs to create the pyramid structure and creates the illusive effect with the perspective in reverse coming out towards the viewer.

Now I need to print these and begin the final stages to the project. Once I have the final reverspectives constructed I will be able to move forward and communicate how this will be carried out across the UK and presented to the public. Also, this print needs to be matt. The previous print in gloss, caught and reflected too much light at times and this inhibited the reverspective nature of the design, by distracting attention off of the reverspective detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment