Saturday 19 November 2016

Patrick Hughes / Reverse Perspective / Think Project Inspiration

Patrick Hughes is an English contemporary artist. I had seen his work when I visited the flowers gallery and I was memorised by the illusive design, that came to life. He creates a world that is solidified into perspective, by precisely sculpturing wooden lumps of space that come out towards you and brings his work to life as you move around the design. The whole idea behind his work is inspired by the optics and perspective. I could relate this to the Think road safety campaign brief and communicate how our optics and perspective are inhibited, with factors such as alcohol, mobile phones, drugs, road or weather conditions, that affect our concentration and reaction when driving.


I could incorporate this technique into a visual display of a road and create processes and scenarios to engage the audience and demonstrate the consequences of using a phone, alcohol and drugs while driving. This effect could be transferred into a poster, social media interactions, a video and a physical display to interact with in real world.


I could create the template with cardboard. The cardboard would have to be of good quality, otherwise the design outcome will have a tacky template to work with and ruining the overall impact. I have found some examples to show how It can be done to communicate my creation process. I would place digital prints over the pyramid template that have been precisely measured and coordinated into perspective to match the dimensions of the pyramid template. However, I will be on the lookout for objects or other things in shops that are in the shape of a pyramid and have the capacity to work with for my Think Road safety project.


No comments:

Post a Comment