Tuesday 15 November 2016

Process and Production / Nick Deakin / typography posters

In this process and production workshop, I was given a series of typographic alphabets in different fonts that I had to cut out and rearrange to spell three of five sentences provided.  This was to develop my typographic poster skills by arranging the type loosely to find unique compositions that express language differently and then finalising the outcome by sticking the loose, cut out, type in a composition that satisfies and communicates the message in the best way.


I took a photograph of the whole of my groups playful typography posters, showing an array of ideology and the idea behind what we was learning from this process and production session. A lot of the phrases was based around the recent election of Donald Trump as president.


For my first typographic poster I chose the phrase 'Trump elected president'. I arranged the type in a form that was deterioration to express the beliefs of a large sum of the American public in their trust in Trump to run their country. The type starts off level and in formation, however in the next word below the type begins to deteriorate and fall our of formation, communicating a crumbling nation over time under the hands of Trump.


My second poster is another phrase that reflects the election of Donald Trump, quoting 'make America great again'. I arranged type in this message in a clever way to link each word together, almost like a game of scrabble. The idea behind this is to create a message with the level words that communicates trump will make america great gain and not as a nation towards other nations, so not again, only for personal benefit as a nation.


The third and final poster that I constructed with the type provided, I constructed the phrase Brexit plus plus plus'. I cut out the type and arranged in a normal fashion, however I rotated the x in the word Brexit and cut out two other more of the letter x to create the impression of 'plus plus plus', like so '+ + +', arranged horizontally. This created a nice and simple composition the the poster. Now, I have three finished posters I will scan these into Photoshop and illustrator to manipulate and take further and have fun with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment