Tuesday 31 January 2017

Multiverse / Family Guy

Watching late night tv recently, I came to watch an episode of 'family guy' and in this episode Stewie and Bryan explored the multiverse using a hyper realistic device to transport them through universe to universe. Each universe was different is some notable way to the previous, for example an geometric universe where everything was simple shapes, a universe where dogs were the humans and humans were pets, and there is much more strange, but interesting concepts of universes.



I could incorporate this concept into an idea for my hyper reality project. I could use the idea of a device that connects the universe we live in and when I press a button on this device, it will reveal a parallel universe that appears different to ours. To communicate this I could walk around outside and record footage of the environment, with the creative intention to edit and add elements to the video to make the environment unique to its universe.


Ideas of different universes I could create and add to my video footage. I could use after effects and illustrator to create different environments to my footage. Also, Photoshop video editing filter effects would be a good way to express a unique multiverse environment. I could apply a charcoal smart filter, to reveal a world drawn by charcoal, plus more filter effects to create a hyper realistic idea. This could in fact be a special app for your phone, while recording my video footage. I could demonstrate the process of universe switching, by showing my hand using the application and how the process works.

animated environment
vast deserted environment
Hand drawn charcoal Universe
Geometric Universe

No comments:

Post a Comment