Tuesday 4 October 2016

Cybernetic Self Research / Idea 3

https://ifscarscouldtalk.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/the-story-comes-to-life.jpg?w=500
The ideology behind this image can relate to how human interaction with technology has opened up our world and allows us to do and accomplish all kinds of things. Thus, relating to the Cybernetic Self theme sociomaterial. The open book with the extruding image represents how a book opens up the readers imagination. I can relate this to my project by expressing how a computer screen can connect to the entire world and take you to all kinds of places. It allows you to do anything and be anything. I just have to find a way to communicate this in a poster.

I have the idea to take a picture of a person on their computer or laptop in their room and behind their monitor their rooms walls open with a beam of light entering the dark room and create a gateway to anywhere in the world. Or to have the screen protruding certain things to portray the idea that a world of opportunity has opened, by turning on the computer. Tools I could use to create this idea would be, Photoshop, illustrator and a camera to take the photos.


In addition I would include type to reinforce the poster design and fully communicate the message. A short slogan or catchy phrase would be best, even a single word to engage the viewer. Connect, discover, opportunity are a sample of words that will create a sense of wonder alongside the poster. This could be an opportunity to take forward towards my final outcome and an interesting challenge. I would have to find locations where I could take photographs to represent the connecting world that would be revealed through the wall, as the computer opens up the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment