Tuesday 18 October 2016

Seminar 3 / Profile Picture Frames / Cybernetic Self Research / Tracy Lannon

In this seminar I listened to ideas of others contributed some of my own to help the developmental progress in our projects. I explained my idea of incorporating the illusive nature in scamming online, with the implication you never know who is on the other side of the internet. Plus, the idea of how I want to connect this with how our eyes perceive illusion, by creating the high and low spatial frequency vision between two faces to express the illusive side to scamming. It was recommend to me by one of my coworkers that if may be a good idea to frame the illusive faces with contemporary social media frames to illustrate where the danger is situated. I thought this could be a really simple, but effective idea to incorporate into my design to improve the message I intend. I will investigate this notion and experiment with it in my project.


I have gathered profile picture frames, as an idea to combine each frame outline to use as a boarder for my illusive image of faces. I could possibly overlay each frame behind my image to illustrate that anonymous criminal activity scales across all media channels, to my audience of social media users. This will reinforce the idea of false perception, linking the faces to social media profile pictures through the application of the recognisable frames and will communicate alongside my image the illusive side to not knowing who is on the other end of the internet.

I will experiment with this idea as a feel it may be important to get the link of profile picture frames into the mix of the design. Some are different shapes and some stick to the traditional square which I would have to do something about. I will create the traditional squares to be slightly rotated and slightly raised to create the impression of different profile picture frames. Also, I will create possible compositions for my overall poster design, by arranging the title type in different positions. This will serve as a template to reflect on when designing my poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment